This center aims at blending Technology with the traditional learning and providing different teaching aids and media. It also aims at using the internet and the new multimedia technologies to improve the quality of learning.
Providing quality education that is accessible anywhere and anytime through blending the E-learning techniques with the face-to-face learning. The center started applying these techniques since the first semester of the academic year 2011/2012 and it is expected to cover 50% of the university curricula by 2014.
Strengthening the role of e-leaning in the university educational process by supporting the effective use of technology in the curricula through improvements in existing programs and the creation of new technology opportunities for faculty, students and the community. Moreover, The center seeks to encourage students and academic staff to assume greater responsibility for their own learning in forums that develop their skills to use new technologies.
· Establishing and administrating the university e-learning site which depends on Learning management Systems and courses Management Systems and using the best of these available systems.
· Providing e-learning services for students and teachers in order to save time and effort.
· Organizing workshops and lectures for students and employees on using e-learning techniques.
· Stimulating interaction among students and teachers through the various means available in the e-leaning system.
· Preparing an electronic level exams or the new students periodically.
To achieve the above mentioned goals an e-learning site has been launched at the beginning of the second semester of the academic year 2011/2012 and computer and English level exams were successfully conducted for the first time at the first semester of the academic year 2011/2012.
1. Department of Programming and Development: It aims to find integration between the e-learning site and university portal in coordination with the computer center.
2. Department of Data Processing: It aims to support the courses which are added to the site using multimedia techniques.
3. Department of Training: it has the responsibility of training students and employees on the technologies which are used at the e-learning center.
The e-learning center accommodates at least four courses from each college and adds them to the e-learning site. The center employ e-learning techniques as supportive media for the face-to-face learning as students lecturers will be able to download the course materials from the e-learning site including the syllabus, presentations, home works and their grades, activities and quizzes.
The number of courses added to the system is expected to be increased to include all the scheduled courses within 5 years.