As the name suggests, the Council of Deans consists of all academic and admin deans of the university in addition to the university president and his deputies.
The Council, in principle, helps the president in the running of the university’s everyday business, determine its needs and manage its resources.
Identify and review the University’s academic policy and makes appropriate recommendations and decisions in accordance with the university regulations.
The Council of Deans consists of:
- University President (Chairperson)
- Deputies and Acting Vice-Presidents.
- Deans or their deputies.
Powers of the Council:
- Form special committees with specific responsibilities that supports the Council tasks.
- Review the resolutions and proposals made by Academic Faculties’ Councils and take appropriate decisions – in accordance with the university’s regulations.
- Approving the list of new programs and related plans submitted by different academic faculty and council committees.
- Set the workflow directives for the council, faculty councils, academic councils, The Library and Registration department.
- Discuss and approve the resolutions and recommendations of different councils’ committees associated to it.
- Determine the different requirements of the university, faculties, academic departments and the library and take the necessary actions to accomplish them, within the university regulations.
- Coordinate and optimize the internal relations between the university faculties, their academic departments, the library, the registration department and the student affairs department.
- Coordinating the working relations of faculties and departments, library and the registration department with the other units in the university.
- Cooperate with the Advisory Council on matters pertinent to the responsibilities of the Council.
- Contribute to promoting learning, preserving knowledge and uphold scientists and emphasize the priority of these values in the university plans and policies.
- Discuss the instructions and regulations, related to academic affairs, proposed by the University President and take appropriate decisions in accordance with the University regulations.
- Evaluate the University’s academic achievement level and the effectiveness of its academic programs, by reviewing the relevant reports on the subject.
- Support and strengthen the University’s relationship with the institutions and agencies in the private and public sectors.