Palestine Technical University Khadoori –Al’Aroub Branch has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) – Education to Work Transition Project – Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank for the project entitled: Developing Media Technology Center of Competence at PTCA Depending on Local Market Needs and TVET Skills. This project aims to to improve media technology employability and fill the gap between media technology graduates’ skills and media industry and local market needs. Accordingly, (Palestine Technical University Khadoori –Al’Aroub Branch) seeks the selection and employment of (Curriculum Development Consultant).
Palestine Technical University Khadoori –Al’Aroub Branch is now considering the selection of a professional and qualified expert consultant to be part of the consultation team, who will:
- Review and assess the current curriculum of Media Technology Program, including course description and teaching methods, and designing the course outlines that need to be developed taking into consideration Need Assessment results and recommendations.
- The Curriculum Development consultant will be mainly required to develop the curricula and deliver appropriate theoretical and practical material for seven-eight courses in Media Technology disciplines.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The Curriculum Development consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Conduct a comprehensive review of the results and recommendations made by the NA Consultant.
- Prepare a work plan according to the reviewed recommendations of the NA Consultant and the required deliverables.
- Review relevant/similar programs in Palestine and other regions to identify best practices and benchmark in Media Technology teaching, training and practice and then compare it with the current program and suggest concrete modifications.
- Review and update the curriculum, facilities, teaching methods and resources (reference books, electronic tools, etc.), in addition to the Syllabus for each of the including outcomes, teaching strategy, evaluation method, references and contents.
- Prepare appropriate theoretical and practical training material both in English and Arabic for each course (such as: Lecture Handouts, lecturing slides, Lab experiments manual).
- Development of appropriate students’ performance evaluation tools including theoretical and practical exercises at the end of each module to ensure successful delivery of the required skills as determined by the labor market surveys.
- Suggest areas of interventions and needed actions to improve the course content, procedure, tasks, assessment schemes, and course outcomes.
- Redesign the selected five courses outlines with full description.
- Writing regular professional reports to reflect the progress in curriculum.
- Modify the developed courses after being tested based on students’ and faculty feedback.
- A detailed work plan including the main activities of the process of developing the required curricula, to be submitted within one week after signing the contract
- Syllabus for 5 courses that includes, outcomes, evaluation method, teaching strategy, references, and contents.
- Curriculum mapping and upgraded curriculum for media technology program.
- Eight hours training targeting departments’ faculty members to use the modified curriculum (including the practical training program, syllabus forms, course assignments, define competencies, etc.)
- An appropriate theoretical and practical training material both in English and Arabic for each course (such as: Lecture Handouts, lecturing slides, practical activities manual).
- Professionally developed student evaluation tools that must accurately measure the level of student understanding of the material. These tools must include theoretical and practical exercises at the end of each chapter.
- Detailed conclusions and recommendations related to the necessary teaching methodologies and tools needed for the successful delivery of the objectives of each course.
- Final Comprehensive Report documenting the whole conducted activities including progress, issues of the curriculum development process results and recommendations.
Essential Required Qualifications:
- At least a Master degree in Media studies or related fields.
- Proven experience in conducting similar assignments in upgrading curriculum (two assignments as minimum)
- At least three years of experience in curriculum development or related fields (Experience in TEVT is preferable)
- Proficient knowledge in international and local standards in curriculum.
- Currently in touch with local market, and aware of its needs.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
Contract Type:Lump Sum Contract.
Time Frame: October, 15th 2018- January, 15th 2019
How To Apply: Interested & qualified individual consultant/s are encouraged to send the proposed Action Plan, a PDF version of the CV and Covering Letter to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org the title – Curriculum Development Consultant – in the Subject line, no later than no later than Monday October 1st, 2018