Palestine Technical University – Kadoorie (PTUK) has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) – Education to Work Transition Project – Ministry of Education and Higher Education. The World Bank has funded this grant for the project titled: (Mihnati – My Profession). This project aims to adopt the dual study and cooperative education models for several PTUK programs. Accordingly, PTUK seeks the selection and employment of a (Local Consultant in Gap Analysis Studies).
PTUK is now considering the selection of a highly qualified local consultant who has strong experiences in conducting and analyzing a gap analysis study of market needed competencies for the project mentioned above. The consultant will be part of the consultation team, who will conduct and lead the adoption of the dual study models for four two-year diploma degree programs in Technical Accounting, Air Conditioning, Industrial Automation and Interior Design and Decoration, and one cooperative education model for a bachelor’s degree program in Autotronics Engineering.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The Consultant will be responsible to acoomplishing the following tasks:
- Conduct a comprehensive gap analysis study for the fivetarget programsto identify the gaps between current competencies and actual needs recognized by employers, alumniand sectoral stakeholders. Selected employers will further get involved through project activities.
- Lead field visits for the gap analysis study (prepare interview questions, list interviewees, participate in meetings, etc.) to identify expected qualifications of program alumni.
- Compare results to prior relevant studies in the surrounding region.
- Suggest actions and interventions to reinforce the collaboration between PTUK and partner employers.
- Cooperate with consultation team to attain project objectives.
- Prepare an action plan for assigned tasks.
- Recommend alumni competencies of interest to employers for each and every target program.
- Propose knowledge, skills and attitudes alumni have to acquire by the end of target programs.
- Write up a full report of the gap analysis study including results, conclusions and recommendations for abovementioned points.
- Prepare a full presentation to wrapping up results of study conducted and lessons learned.
Essential Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Holding a master degree in Engineering, Education, Economic or any other related field.
- Having three years of practical experience in the field of consultancy in particular need assessment and gap analysis studies.
- Having an intensive experience in higher education curricula development, nationally and internationally.
- Having relevant publications (e.g., journal articles, books, reports, etc.) is a plus.
- Having strong speaking and writing skills in both English and Arabic languages.
§ Time Frame:February 4, 2018 to April 10, 2018
§ Work Load:Expected level of effort for this assignment is 20 working days
§ Contract Type:Lump sum contract
How to apply
Interested and qualified individual consultant/s are encouraged to send PDF copies of their resumes and cover letters to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the title – Local Consultant in Gap Analysis Studies – in the Subject line, no later than January 29, 2018.