Sustainable standardization for high quality university campus.
Compatibility with the best international instructions and practices in the field of characterization and standardization and the development and modernization of university laboratories and their optimal use of them.
• Examine the university purchases, and verify their conformity to the approved standard specifications.
• Implement training programs in the field of specifications, metrology, and calibration.
• Represent the university in the Palestinian Standards Institution in the relevant committees.
• Establish a measurement system within the university and supervise its implementation.
• Cooperate with bodies and organizations in the fields of specifications, metrology, quality, and accreditation.
• Examine the standards, technical rules, manuals, recommendations, or other documents issued by different organizations.
• Working on modernizing the university laboratories and making the most of the capabilities available in them
• Training workers in workshops and laboratories on methods of ensuring the quality of service and dealing with equipment
• Issuing standard specifications and technical rules, approving them, reviewing them, amending them, and monitoring their application for all services and products within the university.
• Laying the foundations and monitoring the maintenance of equipment and supplies in workshops and laboratories
• Preparing studies and research in the field of specifications, metrology, and calibration, holding training courses, and holding seminars related to the center activity.
• Conducting an examination of the raw materials, commodities, and products that the university purchases, and verifying by various means that they conform to the approved standard specifications, including conducting studies, technical research, and testing samples.
• Spreading awareness of quality and adherence to standards in all university facilities
• Calibration, control, and control of measuring instruments and devices at the university.
The center will provide its services to the university and assist in the implementation of technical systems within the university, through the following departments:
• Technical Services Department.
• Description section.
• Quality department.
• Department of Cooperation and Public Relations.
The Standards and Metrology Center was established to be a distinguished reference in the field of metrology, specifications, and calibration at the university level.
The center participates in the technical evaluation of various university bids, which include goods, services, and works, including laboratory equipment, building construction, maintenance work, and purchased goods of all kinds.
The center seeks to control and receive all university purchases of all kinds, including equipment, supplies, and goods such as laboratory equipment or general goods.
The center is looking forward to active and periodic participation in seminars, conferences, and workshops related to standards held by various institutions.
The center also represents the university in the committees concerned with standards and standards internally and externally.