Legal Affairs Department is concerned with providing a sound legal opinion in a manner consistent with the regulations and instructions in force within the university and the State of Palestine.
The office includes top legal advisers that provide high-quality legal services as well as in-depth legal consultations with maximum efficiency and speed and superlative performance.
The office also reviews contract agreements and memoranda of understanding related to the PTUK and other universities and companies.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Study draft laws regulations instructions and decisions entrusted to the unit by the university%27s presidency or its councils.
• Express a legal opinion on any agreement or memorandum of understanding and propose modifications when appropriate.
• Draft PTUK organizational decisions and instructions and place them in the appropriate legal framework.
• Follow up the legal procedures of investigation committees and disciplinary councils at the university.
• Provide a classified and indexed legal reference for legislation instructions communications and circulars.
• Adopt local regional and international agreements pertaining to the university and legally review them.
• Participate in training programs and lectures of a legal nature.
• Give legal advice upon request.
• Prepare draft laws regulations and instructions.
• Draft and ratifying contracts and agreements.
• Review the agreements concluded by the university with other parties.
• Follow-up on the university cases in Palestinian courtrooms.
• Contribute to the development of PTUK%27s legislation and amending its existing legislation.