It has become necessary to keep pace with progress in the field of agricultural biotechnology from academic, professional, and practical perspectives in order to prepare a new generation that possesses advanced biotechnology concepts, especially in the agricultural field.
The program seeks to bridge the gap in the field of plant biotechnology, which has become an urgent necessity in all agricultural sectors.
The Agricultural Biotechnology Program was established at the beginning of the academic year 2018/2019; The need of Palestinian society for such a program, and keeping pace with scientific progress in this field.
The Agricultural Biotechnology Program seeks to produce a new generation of qualified agricultural engineers specialized in the application of biology in the fields of agriculture. The program seeks to provide basic knowledge in the field of biotechnology and molecular biology in order to produce high-quality agricultural varieties.
The program aims to:
• Prepare a cadre of specialized graduates to work in the fields of agricultural sciences and biotechnology that qualifies them to work in public and private institutions and companies.
• Contribute to the development of the Palestinian agricultural plant production sector which is one of the pillars of the Palestinian national economy.
• Contribute effectively to increasing Palestinian agricultural production and its resources to achieve food security.
• Prepare scientific agricultural cadres with academic and research competence that can contribute effectively to the development of the agricultural sector.
• Government institutions such as the Ministry of Agriculture.
• Non-governmental organizations such as Agricultural Relief of Agricultural Work Committees.
• Agricultural development projects.
• Private sector agricultural projects.
• Agricultural media.
• Agricultural education and training.