Mechanical engineering is one of the central engineering disciplines that contributed to the development of the modern industrial and to the technological revolution.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in 2009 the second department in College of Engineering.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering aims to prepare engineers with high level of engineering skills and strong competitiveness to meet the needs of the local and external market. We also encourage our students to be involved in scientific research in the field of mechanical engineering and related disciplines.
The Mechanical Engineering Department offers two undergraduate programs:Vehicle Engineering and Cooling and air conditioning engineering HVAC.
This program aims to achieve the following objectives:
• Contribute to the graduation of mechanical engineers that meet the demands of the domestic and foreign market
• Encourage scientific and cognitive research in the various fields of engineering especially related to mechanical engineering and mechatronics.
• Provide the appropriate environment for building partnerships between the university and the wider local and Palestinian communities.
• Designing mechanical systems for buildings including air conditioning refrigeration fire systems design as well as mechanical installations.
• Designing and supervising car production lines including maintenance vehicle inspection and sales management.
• Maintenance of mechanical lifts.
• Power plants: These include solar energy wind energy fluid energy and underground energy.
• Relevant governmental institutions such as the Ministry of Transportation and the Energy Authority.
• Engine maintenance.
• Mechanical installations.
• Industrial control and automation.