The Department of Engineering Professions at Palestine Technical University aspires to be a pioneer at the national and regional levels in graduating technicians working in the field of air conditioning and refrigeration by building the capabilities and basic professional skills needed for graduates of the program to meet the requirements of the labor market.
This major is a combination of a sound theoretical foundation with a high level of practical expertise in all areas of the discipline which guarantees graduates an array of job opportunities who are able to keep pace with the requirements of the labor market.
The program qualifies graduates to install air conditioning and refrigeration systems and perform periodic and emergency maintenance of these systems in addition to designing central heating networks.
• Graduating technicians in the field of air conditioning and refrigeration capable of serving the local market with technical skill and using modern technologies in the field.
• Graduating skilled technicians who are able to install and maintain modern air conditioning and refrigeration equipment.
• Fostering a sense of responsibility towards society and a constant readiness to contribute to its growth.
• Meeting the needs of the labor market by graduating specialists in the field of air conditioning and refrigeration design who have the ability to make decisions and work in a team spirit.
• Spreading societal awareness of the need to use modern technologies in the field of energy-saving and environmentally friendly air conditioning and refrigeration.
• Design and supervision positions in engineering offices.
• Air conditioning and refrigeration workshops.
• Exhibitions of air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and heating and sanitary installations.
• Maintenance and installation technician.
• Contracting companies.