PTUK established the department of chemistry in 2011 in order to meet the needs of the local and regional market. The department has a group of faculty members with PhD and M.Sc. degree qualifications in various branches of chemistry including organic and inorganic chemistry analytical and physical chemistry. We also have a number of fully equipped laboratories with highly trained and qualified technicians.
• We intend to achieve the following: Assisting our students in acquiring and applying chemical knowledge.
• Providing the students with an acute awareness of the responsibility of a professional.
• Maintaining an active research program in the major fields of chemistry.
• Supporting our professional and geographical communities in chemistry-related activities with a commitment to active and ethical involvement.
• Governmental sector: Education Ministry of Environment Ministry of National Economy Ministry of Industry Ministry of Health Water Authority Meteorology.
• Private sector: pharmaceutical companies.
• Research and development in chemical analysis laboratories.
• Laboratory technicians in the field of analyzing samples taken from crime scenes.