The Department of Environment and Sustainable Agriculture was established at the beginning of the academic year 2011/2012 in response to the local market needs for graduates that are able to relate agricultural production and environmental conservation.
The department includes a group of qualified and skilled lecturers with extensive experience in the field of education and scientific research in addition to an infrastructure of laboratories and fields for experiments and practical training in the college farm.
The program seeks to achieve leadership and excellence in performance to occupy a prestigious and distinguished place among the programs of the faculties of agriculture in universities by establishing quality values in the fields of education and training and keeping abreast of successive developments and local, regional and global developments in the field of sustainable agriculture.
The program aims to:
• Contribute to preserving the environment and sustainable development and spreading the culture of environmental awareness among the local community
• Serving the local community by providing it with qualified cadres who are able to build its institutions and actively participate in its various activities.
• Providing the community with cadres capable of dealing with contemporary agricultural and environmental problems facing it in various fields.
• Contribute to achieving communication and integration between higher education institutions and the local community with its various sectors interested in agricultural and environmental fields.
• Provide graduates with sufficient knowledge of the basic principles in the fields of agricultural sciences and agricultural production
• Provide graduates with sufficient knowledge of the basic principles in the field of agricultural economics
• Provide graduates with sufficient knowledge of the basic principles in the fields of environmental sciences, soil sciences, water, and air sciences and methods of their analysis.
• Providing graduates with sufficient knowledge in the fields of pollutants resulting from agricultural operations and ways to reduce them.
• Providing graduates with knowledge in the fields of wastewater treatment and its uses in agricultural fields and waste handling.
• Providing graduates with knowledge in the fields of soil reclamation and fertility, and the fields of designing and evaluating modern irrigation systems.
• Providing graduates with sufficient knowledge in the areas of sustainability of agricultural and natural resources.
• Governmental institutions such as the Ministry of Agriculture Ministry of Environment the National Center for Agricultural Research and Agricultural Schools.
• Agricultural non-governmental organizations such as Agricultural Relief of Agricultural Work Committees and others.
• International institutions working in the agricultural environment and development sector.
• Agricultural development projects.
• Private sector agricultural projects and various agricultural companies. Laboratories.